Facebook Australia Groups Fund - Terms and Conditions
Facebook (also referred to as "we" in these terms) is providing Grants to support Facebook Groups to come together in Australia. Applicants from Eligible Facebook Groups are invited to apply for a Grant from the Facebook Australia Groups Fund, to support an Eligible Activity related to that Group. By applying for a Grant, an Applicant (also referred to as "you" in these terms) agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible for a Grant, the Applicant must:
- Be designated as a Group Administrator of an Eligible Facebook Group
- Hold an Australian bank account, in the name of the Applicant
- Be an Australian Resident
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Comply with all applicable terms and policies governing the use of Facebook apps and services, including but not limited to the Terms of Service
- An Eligible Facebook Group (or "Group") is one which is of good standing and engaged in activities and discussions that are anchored on positive impact, rather than demeaning other people, groups, or points of view. The Group must also comply with all applicable terms and policies governing the use of Facebook apps and services, including but not limited to the Terms of Service.
- An Eligible Activity is one which is based in Australia that requires funding to support the purpose, facilitation and ongoing activities of the Group. For example, the Grant may be used to fund a variety of events, resources, tools and access that empower face-to-face or in-person ("offline") activities of the Group and their members.
We’re looking for Groups that have a positive impact and provide valuable opportunities for communities to come together. That can come in many forms and for that reason, we will take a variety of matters into consideration, including:
whether the Eligible Activity:
- Builds social inclusion and support
- Support communities from diverse backgrounds
- Bridge the divide for remote and regional communities
- Build connections through sport and recreation
- Includes the participation of Group members
- Occurs for the betterment of the Group members in Australia and /or the wider Australian community;
- whether the Applicant or any relevant Group Administrator is a Public Official. (Note, Public Official includes officials, employees, representatives or anyone else acting in an official capacity for or on behalf of a government, government agency or other administrative authority or judicial or quasi-judicial body (whether elected or appointed, including for example, legislators, regulators, police, judges, tribunal members, federal, state or local council members), state-owned/controlled enterprises (including for example, employees of public universities, executives at state-controlled companies); political parties or campaigns; public international organizations (including for example, U.N. officials); and candidates for public office, and any person acting on behalf of or any relatives, household members or associates of any of those listed above); and
- whether the Applicant or any relevant Group Administrator or the Group itself satisfies any probity matters that Facebook considers relevant.
Ineligible Applicants, Groups, Activities and applications
- We want to avoid any perceptions of unfairness, so unfortunately Groups where any Group Administrator or their immediate family are employees or contractors of Facebook, Good2Give (our service provider for this Grant program) or any of their subsidiaries or affiliated companies are ineligible to apply for a Grant.
Groups focused on or intending to use Grants for the following activities are also ineligible to apply for a Grant:
- Political campaign activities (e.g. on behalf of an active candidate for elected office);
- Political lobbying activities;
- Commercial activities or commercial sponsorships;
- Capital investment activities, or
- Requests for funding for retrospective activities.
- Incomplete or late applications or applications that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will not be eligible.
- Applicants representing an Eligible Facebook Group may be considered for a Grant between the value of AU$ 500- AU$5,000, to fund an Eligible Activity. The value of the Grant is determined by Facebook in its sole discretion and may be different to the amount requested by the Applicant.
Application and Grant Process
Grant applications must be submitted online through the online application form at www.fbgroupsfund.com.au. Grant applications will close when:
- Facebook has received 500 applications; or
- 11:59pm AEST on 1 October 2018, whichever is earlier.
- Applicants may receive acknowledgement of receipt of their submitted application by email to the address provided in the application.
- Every application will be evaluated in a multi-phase consideration process, including checking eligibility, compliance with applicable terms and policies governing the use of Facebook apps and services and judging each application on its merits. A selection committee will be assembled from external advisors and Facebook staff to make final selections. All decisions relating to this Grant program are final.
- Any receipt of Grant funds is subject to Facebook being satisfied about any probity matters it considers relevant in relation to the Applicant, other co-Group Administrators, and the Group itself.
Facebook and/or its third-party service providers may request additional information from down-selected Applicants to satisfy any such probity matters. Such information may include:
- Bank account information;
- National Police Check; and
- Voice or video phone screen.
- Applicants consent to any of Facebook's third-party service providers to disclose the results of any probity checks to Facebook for the purposes of the application.
- Short listed applicants will attempt to be notified by email to the address provided in the application. If an Applicant cannot be contacted within 5 business days or does not respond as instructed in the notification email, the application will be forfeited and the other Group Administrators or members of that Group will not be eligible to receive the Grant in place of the Applicant.
- We will only consider one application per Group for the Grant. Should multiple applications be received for a Group, only the first application will be assessed. Applicants who do not receive a Grant in this round of Grant funding may be eligible to apply for in future rounds of Grant funding that may be offered by Facebook (subject to those program terms).
- We have engaged a third-party, Good2Give, to help us administer the Grant process, including processing and validating applications and distributing the Grant funds to successful Applicants. Good2Give may also engage other authorised third parties to help with certain probity checks (such as national police checks).
Award of Grants
- Good2Give will administer the distribution of Grants to successful Applicants. Grants will only be paid directly to the Applicant’s bank account, subject to verification.
- We ask that Grants must be expended on the Eligible Activity by 30 June 2019.
- Successful Applicants are encouraged to post about their activity in their Group within six months of the award of the Grant.
- If the application is selected to receive a Grant, the Applicant agrees that Facebook may showcase the Applicant, the Group, and its application, including using any materials which the Applicant has provided to Facebook relating to the application or the Eligible Activity, for Facebook’s promotional and marketing purposes.
- Facebook may use, share, transfer, and retain the information provided as part of the application and that which Facebook may obtain during any further communications with the Applicant in accordance with the Facebook Data Policy.
- Some parts of the application process may require you to provide your personal information to a third party. For example, successful Applicants will be required to undergo probity checks (including police checks) which may be administered third party service providers via third party websites. If you click on a link to a third-party website, you will be subject to that third party's privacy policies.
- These Terms and Conditions, as well as the Facebook Australia Groups Fund program, may be cancelled or amended at any time, for any reason at the discretion of Facebook.
- Reference to "Facebook" in these terms means Facebook Inc. Facebook, Good2Give, and their parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, vendors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfilment, and marketing agencies are collectively the "Released Parties".
- Facebook takes no responsibility for the acts or omissions of any Applicant or the use of Grant funds once distributed to the Applicant. Facebook will not be take part in, or be responsible for resolving, any dispute which might arise amongst successful Applicants, the other Group Administrators or any member of the relevant Group in relation to an application, prospective Grant or confirmed or distributed Grant.
- To the full extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability, actions, claims, injury, loss, or damage whatsoever arising in connection with participation in this Grant program, including, without limitation, for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession, misuse, or awarding of the Grant, including for any Eligible Activities, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to or from any Grant program-related activity. To the full extent permitted by applicable law, each Applicant agrees that the Grants are provided as-is without any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, whether now known or hereinafter enacted relative to its use or enjoyment, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Nothing in this agreement restricts the effect of warranties or conditions which may be implied by law or other rights or remedies which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
- This program and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to this Grant program (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in or having jurisdiction over New South Wales, Australia, and each Applicant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of those courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this program. Except where prohibited by law, any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action between an applicant and any Released Party arising out of or connected with this Grant program or these terms must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, and to the extent permitted by law, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an applicant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than the applicant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten Australian Dollars (AUD$10) and each applicant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Applicants agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Grant program and/or prevent others from participating in the Grant program. Facebook reserves the right to restrict or void participation from any IP address, email address or domain, device, or other designator or identifiable source if any fraudulent or harmful participation is suspected, as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion. Facebook further reserves the right to disqualify any Applicant who Facebook believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Grant program. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GRANT PROGRAM MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, FACEBOOK MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- If Facebook determines at any time in its sole discretion that a Grant recipient is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these terms, Facebook reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate Grant recipient, even if the disqualified potential recipient’s name may have been shown or announced.
- In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Grant program-related materials and these terms (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency within these terms), it will be resolved by Facebook in Facebook’s sole discretion. Applicants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Grant program or these terms. Facebook's failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these terms will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these terms will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these terms.
- Without limiting any other provision in these terms, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any applicant (or any person claiming through such applicant) for any inability to proceed with the Grant program at any stage or failure to provide a Grant or any part thereof, in the event that any of the Grant program activities or Facebook’s operations or activities are affected, as determined by Facebook, by any cause or event beyond the sole and reasonable control of the applicable Released Party (as determined by Facebook in its sole discretion).
- To the extent a Grant is consideration for a taxable supply, the grant amount is inclusive of any Australia Goods and Services Tax.
- Where required or compelled by law, we may withhold, deduct, reduce or set-off an amount from a Grant.